The board meeting minutes are like a coach for an athlete, it helps to act smarter, and also warns against making mistakes.
The Role of Board Meeting Minutes for Board of Directors
The institution of the Board of Directors as the supreme body of strategic management is most used in companies where there are several or a large number of owners, especially if they have different access to the company. Then the Board of Directors performs the main function – ensuring equal rights for all shareholders, especially minority shareholders or those who are removed from operational management.
The Board of Directors is of particular relevance in state-owned companies, where the ultimate beneficiary – the citizens of the country, is as far as possible from the operating activities of the company. This is where the Board of Directors is most applicable and most effective as a body for protecting the interests of all shareholders.
Create opportunities for potential successors to develop the skills needed to fulfill the role of board meeting minutes. They need experience that can only be obtained with your assistance, for example, experience in organizing interaction with the board of directors or external stakeholders. You can practice alternate participation of candidates in the meetings, allowing each of them to speak in person before the Board.
To take the board meeting minutes, it is important to take a look at the following characteristics:
- security, which is that all the activities provided for in the project must be staffed with different types of resources necessary for its implementation;
- priority means that in the development and implementation of the project preference is given to priorities, based on the general concept of strategic development;
- economic security of the planned measures. It should be calculated on the basis of an estimate of the probability of loss or any loss as a result of unfulfilled events planned by the project.
The Main Steps on Taking the Board Meeting Minutes
Obviously, not all decisions made at board meeting minutes of the board of directors may violate the rights of shareholders or the company as a whole, and therefore will not need to be challenged. Thus, the contestant may focus on one or more of the decisions taken at a particular meeting. Board meeting minutes have numerous hierarchical goals. The main goal, for example, of a project related to computer software, may be to develop a complex database management system. An intermediate goal may be to test the system in the process of developing to configure programs, and a lower level goal may be to set dates for project developers to report their results to an operational meeting.
To take the board meeting minutes properly, it is recommended to:
- Use a template.
- Check off attendees as they arrive.
- Do introductions or circulate an attendance list.
- Record motions, actions, and decisions as they occur.
- Ask for clarification as necessary.
- Write clear, brief notes-not full sentences or verbatim wording.
Development of the board meeting minutes by the bidder involves registration of a package of documents certifying the readiness of the bidder to supply the goods, works, and services specified in the tender documentation in compliance with all customer requirements for technical, technological, quality characteristics and terms; confirm the financial capacity of the applicant, as well as his professional competence and appropriate level of business reputation; guarantee (through a deposit, pledge, bank guarantees, surety) the fulfillment of his obligation to sign a contract in case of victory.